Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday 8-15-12


Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Dani, at Pen to Paper, and it's a meme in which you can post a book that you've had on your wish list for a while, but haven't found the time to actually read yet.

Goodreads Summary: I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me.

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more. 

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?

(Whoa, are her hands bloody???)


All the good books are Aussie. And then they're not released to the US for about 20 years! Kidding. More like 1-2 years. Still. When I hear about an amazing-sounding book...I don't want to wait. :) The only place I can find to buy it is Fishpond, but still it's almost $20. My wallet says ouch! I can't even find it anywhere used. So I decided unless I miraculously get it as a birthday gift this month, I will have to wait until I go to Australia next March, and buy it there. (For while I'm there, I'm making a list so I can stock up on all the Aussie fiction on my to-read list. I've started saving my money already.)

I know I'll like Blood Song, because fantasy is my favorite genre. I've seen this compared to Kristin Cashore, Tamora Pierce, and Melina Marchetta's work. Can anybody personally back this up? Is it as good as it looks? I know I have at least a few Aussie followers... ;)

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment