Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 10-10-12


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme/event/blog hop hosted by Jill, at Breaking the Spine, so be sure to check back there for more blogs participating each week. :) It allows us to spotlight, or drool over an up-coming release we really can't wait to get our hands on.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's weird that lots of my favorite all-time series are ones that not really anyone I know has heard of before. Like The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody (favorite series ever), and Diane Duane's Young Wizards books. Both of which have been publishing since the 80s.  What's the coolest thing though, is since they're both "fantasy" genre, you can't even tell they were written that long ago! Some books you hear them mention the new VCR and you're like oh my, what an old book. That doesn't happen in these two series, so I just like that. Besides, they're both just incredibly creative series.

Now, I do have the last two Obernewtyn books borrowed from a friend who got it from Aussie...I just have to go back and reread the series first since it's been so long. (Currently on Ashling, the third one.)

So today I'll highlight the next Wizarding book, because it's not coming out in like, FOREVER.

by Diane Duane
publication: 2013

I saw this appear on Goodreads maybe last November or so, and I literally screamed 2013?!?!?! You can't put numbers in caps, how odd. Well, I guess it would be @)!#?!?!?!?! which just looks like a swear word. Anyway. At the time that sounded so incredibly far away, but now it doesn't! Though, there still isn't a month, so maybe it's December 2013. We'll see.

I liked some books more than others in the series, and this will be book 10, making it the longest series I've ever read/still reading. I don't think this is the last one either, but that's an uneducated guess. For the ending of the last book, A Wizard of Mars...REALLY BUGGED ME. I kind of threw the book to the ground in annoyance. Now, I won't say anything because of spoilers, but if anyone reading this post has in fact read this obscure series, what did you think of it?

My favorite books in the series are: High Wizardry (#3), A Wizard Abroad (#4), Wizard's Holiday (#7) and Wizards at War (#8)

What are some books you're waiting on?

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment